« Home | Trip to Hawaii April 2006Hilton Hawaiian Village » | Trip to Hawaii - Death of Waikiki » | Trip to Hawaii April 2006- Segway » | Trip to Hawaii April 2006- Waikiki in 1880 » | Trip to Hawaii April 2006- Salt Lake City Airport » | Hi from Hawaii » | Off to Hawaii » | Ben & Jerrys " Black and Tan " Blunder.. or Not? » | Flying Outta Here » | Responding to Anti-American Bullshit in Europe »

Trip to Hawaii April 2006- Diamond Head


Trip to Hawaii April 2006, originally uploaded by Phantom Photo.

Despite the overbuilding, if you crop your photo you can easily imagine Waikiki the way it was.

This is the first time in my six visits that I did not go swimming. And the reason was not the fancy convention meetings. The reason was that there was a sewage spill caused by a cracked pipe in the Ala Wai Canal area last month. The tourist honchos said that the water was fine. The cab drivers and other locals said that the water was not OK. I believed the locals.

Hawaii is a special place to me, and it pisses me off that I flew all this way and did not get to swim.