« Home | Hi from Bermuda » | Off to Bermuda » | Bookslut leads me to Freakonomics Blog » | Here's my Podcast! » | Memories of John Lennon » | NYC Polar Bears are Happy Tonight » | Tangled Web Downgraded / New Links Added » | I support Denmark » | How Ahmed Abdel Rahman Abu Laban Repays Danish Hos... » | Two Weeks Until Pitchers and Catchers »

Bad Samaritans?

You'd want to think that this story is a joke. But I'm afraid it isn't. A family vacationing in Hawaii lost an expensive digital camera. Another family, from Canada, found it, but doesn't want to give it back, saying that their child " really loves it and we can't bear to take it from him ".

See the blog reporting this, along with many comments. If this story is true, it won't be long before the Bad Samaritan's identity becomes known...and some local ostracism will resolve the issue. The Canadians that I've known would never put up with this bullshit.